WIZO’s Bar/Bat Mitzvah Programme
A Bar/Bat Mitzvah is an important part of the Jewish heritage. Unfortunately, thousands of native and immigrant Israeli families are in economic situations that make it difficult to celebrate such a milestone. Thanks to WIZO, hundreds of children every year celebrate a Bar/Bat Mitzvah who otherwise would not have the means to do so.
WIZO’s Bar/Bat Mitzvah Programme supports boys and girls from families living in poverty and social isolation. The aim is to provide a quality framework offering diverse enrichment activities including parent-child team building events (such as challah baking), educational visits and a heritage field trip to Jerusalem. The goal is for children to strengthen ties with their parents and their heritage as they make the transition into adulthood. Participation also empowers children with a sense of moral and social responsibility towards their family and Israel.
WIZO’s Bar/Bat Mitzvah Programme aims to:
- Strengthen Jewish heritage
- Develop productive members of society
- Create and nurture connections between families and the community
- Ensure equal opportunities for all children
WIZO’s Bar/Bat Mitzvah Programme includes:
- Jewish heritage classes including Shabbat traditions
- Aliya to the Torah
- A trip to Jerusalem and the Kotel (Western Wall)
- Teaching the importance of Tikun Olam (improving the world) through community volunteering
- A festive family celebration
- Gifts of religious articles
A Special Gift For A Bar/Bat Mitzvah Child
A donation to WIZO’s Bar/Bat Mitzvah Programme is a wonderful gift for any Bar or Bat Mitzvah child in the UK. We all enjoy celebrating milestone occasions but it’s a very special thing to be able to help those less fortunate.
On receipt of your donation, a letter will be sent to the Bar/Bat Mitzvah child notifying them of your very special gift. They will also receive:
- A commemorative certificate together with a personalised siddur
- Stories and photographs about the children being supported
- An invitation to the annual celebration in Israel to meet the children
- A special personalised report following the party
By supporting WIZO’s Bar/Bat Mitzvah Programme you can give a child in the UK a very meaningful gift whilst at the same time helping a vulnerable child in Israel to celebrate this important rite of passage.
To find out more or to make a donation, please contact:
020 7319 9169 | firstname.lastname@example.org
WIZOUK, Charles House, 108-110 Finchley Road, London NW3 5JJ
Or-el has four brothers and sisters. He took his participation in the Bar/Bat Mitzvah Programme very seriously. Or-el consistently attended the weekly meetings and took a very active role in the activities. In the future he sees himself involved with social issues. Or-el likes to play basketball and his dream is to join the Golani Brigade when he goes into the army.
Oyan has two siblings. Her mother is a nurse at a hospital and her father serves in the army as a Career Soldier. Oryan goes to music classes after school and likes to dance and read books.
Yakir’s mother is a Nursery Assistant at a WIZO Day Care Centre. He is very popular with the children who attended the Bar/Bat Mitzvah Programme and is liked by everyone. Yakir likes to play football and to help his mother.